sábado, janeiro 27, 2007

"Devaneios U2nianos"

I have climbed the highest mountains
I have run through the fields
Only to be with you
Only to be with you
When I first met you girl, you had fire in your soul.
What happened t'your face of melting snow
Now it looks like this!
And I must be an acrobat
To talk like this and act like that.
I have kissed honey lips
Felt the healing in her finger tips
It burned like fire
(I was) burning inside her.
No, nothing makes sense, nothing seems to fit.
I know you'd hit out if you only knew who to hit.
Sometimes I feel like I don't know
Sometimes I feel like checking out.
I wanna get it wrong
Can't always be strong
And love, it won't be long.
And you can dream, so dream out loud
And you can find your own way out.
One love, we get to share it
Leaves you baby if you don't care for it.
Did I disappoint you or leave a bad taste in your mouth?
You act like you never had love and you want me to go without.
The end is not as fun as the start
Please stay a child somewhere in your heart
I’ll give you everything you want
Except the thing that you want
Your wheels are turnin' but you're upside down.
You say when he hits you, you don't mind
Because when he hurts you, you feel alive.
If I could throw this lifeless life-line to the wind.
Leave this heart of clay, see you walk, walk away
If I could, through myself, set your spirit free
I'd lead your heart away, see you break, break away
Sweeter the sin, bitter the taste in my mouth.
I see seven towers, but I only see one way out.
You gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking
Scream without raising your voice.
I want to trip inside your head
Spend the day there…
To hear the things you haven’t said
And see what you might see
I’ve had enough I’m not giving up
On a miracle drug
So you never felt alive
Until you'd almost wasted away.
The more you see the less you know
The less you find out as you go
I knew much more then than I do now
You know he got the cure
But then he went astray
He used to stay awake
To drive the dreams he had away.
He wanted to believe
In the hands of love
Well that's okay, it's necessary
And what you leave behind you don't miss anyway.
What you thought was freedom is just greed.
I'm not afraid to die
I'm not afraid to live
And when I'm flat on my back
I hope to feel like I did
We're one, but we're not the same.
Love is a temple, love the higher law.
I have spoke with the tongue of angels
I have held the hand of a devil
It was warm in the night
I was cold as a stone.
But I still haven't found
What I'm looking for.
But I still haven't found
What I'm looking for...

1 comentário:

Unknown disse...

Amigo grande "medley"... ler este "devaneio" fez-me ouvir cada excerto com uma força incrivel! ...foram escolhidos a dedo! Obrigado! e deixa só que acresente: "..don't let the bastards grind you down!" ...
Abraço