segunda-feira, abril 09, 2007

Devaneios...

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away.
Now it looks as though they're here to stay.
Suddenly,I'm not half the man i used to be,
There's a shadow hanging over me
Why she had to go
I don't know she wouldn't say.
I said something wrong,
Now I long for yesterday.

Today, you’re just a memory of a love
That used to mean so much to me…

Ooh, and all I taught her was everything
Ooh, I know she gave me all that she wore
And now my bitter hands chafe beneath the clouds
Of what was everything?
All the pictures have all been washed in black, tattooed everything...

I resigned from myself
Took a break as someone else
It's like we've come undone
But I've only just become inflatable for you

For every woman you will leave an open door
You find yourself thinking why can't I have more?
You say there
is nothing you can do
You tried your best but you were only being you

Love of my life - you've hurt me
You've broken my heart and now you leave me
Love of my life can't you see
Bring it back, bring it back
Don't take it away from me
Because you don't know -
What it means to me

You don’t know what you’re got until you’re lost it all
Might I suggest you find a softer place to fall
You take for granted all the riches of your world
You may have oysters but you
’ll never find a pearl

Your wheels are turnin' but you're upside down.
You say when he hits you, you don't mind
Because when he hurts you, you feel alive.

Don't ask me
What you know is true
Don't have to tell you
I love your precious heart

Oh, child, wipe the tears from your eyes.
You know I need you to be strong
And the day it is dark, as the night is long.
Feel like trash, you make me feel clean.
I'm in the black, can't see or be seen.

Did I ask too much, more than a lot
You gave me nothing, now it's all I got.
We're one, but we're not the same.
Well, we hurt each other, then we do it again.

And still the hardest part for you
to put your trust in me
i love you more than i can say
why won't you just believe?

Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play.
Now I need a place to hide away.

if only i'd thought of the right words
i could have held on to your heart
if only i'd thought of the right words
i wouldn't be breaking apart
all my pictures of you.

Friends will be friends
When you're in need of love they give you care and attention
Friends will be friends
When you're through with life and all hope is lost
Hold out your hands 'cos right till the end-
Friends will be friends

So you never felt alive
Until you'd almost wasted away.

You say love is a temple, love a higher law
Love is a temple, love the higher law.

Sem comentários: