sábado, outubro 10, 2009

U2 is my Religion

I believe in a celebration
I believe we can be free.
I believe you can loose these chains
I believe you can dance with me, dance with me.
A painted face
And I know we haven't long
We thought that we had the answers
It was the questions we had wrong.
And your heart beats so slow
Through the rain and fallen snow
Across the fields of mourning to a light that's in the distance.
Oh, don't sorrow, no don't weep
For tonight at last
I am coming home.
I am coming home
When I first met you girl
You had fire in your soul
What happened your face
Of melting in snow
Now it looks like this
And you can swallow
Or you can spit
You can throw it up
Or choke on it
And you can dream
So dream out loud
You know that your time is coming 'round
So don't let the bastards grind you down
You say you want your love to work out right
To last with me through the night.
If I could threw myself
Set your spirit free
I'd lead your heart away
See you break, break away
Into the light
And to the day
I've seen you walk unafraid
I've seen you in the clothes you made
Can you see the beauty inside of me?
What happened to the beauty I had inside of me?
And I miss you when you’re not around
I'm getting ready to leave the ground
Time time
Won't leave me as I am
But time won't take the boy out of this man
You get to feel so guilty
Got so much for so little
Then you find that the feeling just won't go away.
You're holding on to every little thing so tightly
Till there's nothing left for you anyway.
What you thought was freedom is just greed
I have kissed honey lips
Felt the healing in her fingertips
It burned like fire
This burning desire
I have spoke with the tongue of angels
I have held the hand of the devil
It was warm in the night
I was cold as a stone
Love is blindness, I don't want to see
Won't you wrap the night around me?
Oh, my heart, love is blindness
Only love, only love can leave such a mark
But only love, only love can heal such a scar
Did I disappoint you?
Or leave a bad taste in your mouth?
You act like you never had love
And you want me to go without
Did I ask too much, more than a lot?
You gave me nothing, now it's all I got
We're one, but we're not the same.
Well, we hurt each other, then we do it again.
So you never knew love
Until you crossed the line of grace.
And you never felt wanted
Till you'd someone slap your face.
So you never felt alive
Until you'd almost wasted away.
If I could stay
Then the night would give you up
Stay
Then the day would keep its trust
Stay
and the night would be enough
I’m not afraid of anything in this world
There's nothing you can throw at me that I haven't already heard
Stay this time, stay tonight in a lie.
I'm only asking, but I, I think you know.
Come on take me away, come on take me away
Come on take me home, home again.
I remember when we could sleep on stones.
Now we lie together in whispers and moans.
When I was all messed up and I heard opera in my head
Your love was a light bulb hanging over my bed
You miss too much these days if you stop to think
You lead me on with those innocent eyes
You know I love the element of surprise
In the garden I was playing the tart
I kissed your lips and broke your heart
You...you were acting like it was
The end of the world
Love is drowning in a deep well
All the secrets, and no one to tell.
Take the money, honey...
Blindness.Love is blindness, I don't want to see
Won't you wrap the night around me?
Oh, my love,
Blindness
And love is not the easy thing
Is the only baggage that you can bring
Love is not the easy thing
The only baggage you can bring
Is all that you can't leave behind
I have climbed the highest mountains
I have run through the fields
Only to be with you
I have run I have crawled
I have scaled
these city walls
Only to be with you
But I still haven't found
What I'm looking for
If I could stay
Then the night would give you up
Stay
Then the day would keep its trust
If I could stay
With the demons you drowned
Stay
With the spirits I found
Stay
And the night would be enough
Love still is the Higher Law!!!

Sem comentários: